There is a lot to see around Munich.
Join us on a journey through the surrounding area of the Bavarian capital.
Many destinations can be reached within 1-2 hours driving time:
The Royal Castles
- Neuschwanstein, one of the most visited sites throughout Germany has been built by the fairytale King Ludwig II: The iconic folly of Ludwig II has ever since made hearts swell.
- Combine the fairytale castle with a visit to Linderhof castle, another highlight of Ludwig’s residences with its artificial grotto, an impressive experience not only to admirers of the music of Richard Wagner.
- Another castle, the “Schachenschloss” however is reserved for hikers or mountainbikers only – but those with the necessary physical fitness for the ascent of several hours await an unforgettable day!
The Bavarian Alps
- Berchtesgaden and Obersalzberg: Even the approach through the alpine landscape is spectacular. Among the most visited sites in this extraordinary geographic location are the famous “Kehlsteinhaus” (Eagles Nest) as well as the “NS-Dokumentationszentrum”. Nearby Lake Königssee with its deep blue waters nestled within steep cliffs offers a spectacular experience.
- Zugspitze: Germany’s highest peak is a true high alpine experience. The cog railway or starting from end of 2017 the newly built cablecar take you nearly up to the top. An eventful day is guaranteed – and Zugspitze is also a location for an outdoor day full of action or even a dinner event of the special kind on “Top of Germany”.
The lakes of Upper Bavaria
- Another area where Ludwig II has left his marks: Join us on a tour to picturesque Lake Chiemsee with a boat trip to “Herreninsel und Fraueninsel” (gentlemens island and ladies island). On Herreninsel we visit another highlight of the castles of Ludwig II. Fraueninsel is a beautiful contrast being an idyllic little gem surrounded by water.
- And even very close to Munich the so called “Fünfseenland” (Land of five lakes) is worth a visit. The combination of a boat trip with a lovely hike and followed by a stop at the famous brewery at Andechs monastery is the perfect way to explore the area.
Rates on request.